5S and Kaizen are part of lean production methodology. However they are applicable in Asset & Building Management as well. Resulting sustainable and continuous improvement in term of facility operation, maintenance and replacement.
What is 5S & Kaizen?
5S (“Sort”, “Set In order”, “Shine”, “Standardize“ and “Sustain“) is very useful in organize a work space for efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and storing the asset used, maintaining the building and asset. While Kaizen is referred to activities of improvement in order to reduce cost and productivity of asset and building.
- Lean Manufacturing Philosophy
- 5S (“Sort”, “Set In order”, “Shine”, “Standardize“ and “Sustain )
- Assessing Critical Area /Locations of 5S
- Visualization Tools
- Kaizen (Continuous Improvement)
- Identify Bottleneck Process
- PDCA Cycle (Plan, Do, Check & Act)
- Monitoring & Measuring Effectiveness