This course provides an overview of smart building concept and how the typical elements of smart building interact with each other. This course will also discuss the advantages, disadvantages and also the challenges currently faced in implementing smart buildings. Beside this, this course will also provide a good overview of the IoT technologies in enabling smart building. How IoT will change the way of traditional facility management to a completely new way of smart facility management will also be discussed..
What is a “Smart Building”?
A building that provides the owner, operator, and occupant with an environment which is efficient, productive, comfortable, and secure through the use of technology, integrated building systems, communications, and advanced controls.
What is IoT? What is an IoT enabled smart buildings?
IoT enabled smart buildings provide the next generation in business and operational intelligence derived from the analysis of data integrated from multiple sources for the purpose of system understanding, performance, and optimization.”
- What is a “Smart Building”?
- Smart building technologies & element
- Benefits, Challenge and disadvantages of smart building
- Smart Buildings Key Concepts: sensing, data analytic for business benefits
- Smart building frameworks vs existing building management system (BMS)
- Smart Building Key Performance Indicators
- Relationship of Smart building and Green Building
- Smart building standards and international working committee
- What is Internet of Things (IoT): Things , connectivity, data, analytic
- IoT enabled smart building & services: Leverages data to transform building services
- Understand the Next Generation of Smart Facilities Management
- Introduction to other advanced technologies: AI, data analytics, big data…
- smart buildings and smart cities opportunities & benefits
- How to make existing building smart?