Outsourcing of Facility Management (FM) Services is an alternative to access professional works with better cost efficiency and internal workload. However managing external services often encounter with challenges due to working culture differences and communication issues. In this course, good practices in outsourcing is explained to the participant.
What is Outsourcing?
Outsourcing is an agreement in which one company hires another company to be responsible for a planned or existing activity that is or could be done internally, and sometimes involves transferring employees and assets from one firm to another.
Outsourcing in FM
Outsourcing in FM services means handling out job scope and operation authority to external body. The aims are to gain effective and efficient services for a long term competitive services. Thus the FM department shall instead concentrate of supervise, and managing the contractor with ideal man power and oversee the whole FM operations. Managing techniques and tools of contractor are essential to keep the operations in order.
- Self-Sourced vs Outsourced: Cost Analysis
- Monitoring of FM Services
- Plan & Schedule FM Services
- Category & Priority of Services
- Automated Service Management
- Managing Contractor Techniques & Tools
- Review and Evaluating Outsourced Services
- Summary: Outsource Management Tools