This introductory course aims to provide an overview of OSHA regulations and its implementation in Malaysia.
What is OSHA?
The Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 provides the legislative framework for the safety, health and welfare among all Malaysian workforces. The principle is to prevent and protect the workers against hazards and its risks in connection with their activities at work. The aims of the Act is to promote and build a safety and health working environment among all Malaysia employees and employers.
- What is OSHA?
- Overview of occupational health
- Overview of occupational safety
- OSHA in Malaysia
- Safety and health regulation
- Factories and Machinery Act, 1967
- What is hazard?
- Range of hazards
- Industrial hazards
- Hazards management
- Hazard control
- Industrial hygiene
- Accident – Causation, Investigation & Analysis
- Managing safety & health