In this course, the participant shall able to identify potential hazards, produce emergency plan, assign personnel with special task and know the importance of prompt responses toward emergency.
Importance of an Emergency Plan
Emergency in Facility Area is an uncertain risk to the occupant in the facility/building. An upright preparedness and response is the key to minimize damage/disruptions to the occupant public, environment as well as the asset.
Risk, Hazard & Disaster
Catastrophes can be natural or manmade, such as fire, flood, hazardous substance leakage and machine failure. Danger is regularly exist and to minimize the risk of human and property destruction, an action plan is necessary. Awareness and proper training dealing with different characteristic of emergency shall be cultivated in a workplace.
- Emergency and Emergency Action Plan Definition
- Develop Evacuation policy and procedures
- Identify Characteristics of Emergency
- Create Awareness and Simulations
- Communication and Alert methods
- Post Emergency: Documentation and Reporting