Building Code is utilized to improve building performance with objectives of sustainable optimization and covering security, safety, health and environment. Identify compliance and competency in Building Codes are mandatory in Facility Management.
What are Building Codes (BC)?
Building is comprise of complex construction and systems with millions of elements. Any of the elements failure or under-designed selection could cause catastrophic disasters to the building. Hence Building Codes (BC) are functioning as a regulatory tools to ensure the elements and systems are in compliance.
BC in Facility Management
Facility Management (FM) professionals need to be knowledgeable and identify BC, in order to minimize hazards, waste, and energy consumption. As well as improve building efficiency, reliability and durability of elements and safety level of a building.
- What is Building Code (BC)
- Fire, Structural & Electrical
- Energy & Energy Efficiency
- Environment, Zoning & Clustering
- Indoor Air Quality
- Lighting & Human Sensory Comfort
- Internal Pollution (Noise, Chemical & Organics)
- Verification & Approval of BC
- Review, Revision & Corrective Action
- Summary: BC Compliance a Must for Organization