This course provides an overview of operations and maintenance of air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation (ACMV) system.
What is ACMV?
Countries in a tropical climate like Malaysia, air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation (ACMV) system is a necessary building system to maintain thermal comfort in a building throughout the year. According to a case study, ACMV system consumes about 50% of the total energy consumption of a typical commercial building. Thus, proper operations and maintenance of the ACMV system contribute significantly to reducing maintenance cost & energy consumption and achieving cost savings.
- Introduction to Air-conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV) System
- Vapour-compression Refrigeration Cycles
- Function of Main Components (Air Filters, Evaporator & Condenser Coils, Compressor, Fan, Bearings, Belts)
- Types of Air-conditioning Systems
- Pumping Systems
- Air Handling Systems
- Psychrometric of Air-conditioning Processes
- Cooling Tower Systems
- Operational Activities associated with ACMV System
- Condition Monitoring System
- Fault Diagnosis Method
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Maintenance Programs to ACMV System
- Case Study