This course provides an overview of how to operate pumps and motors properly and the performance parameters that need to be monitored in a preventive or predictive monitoring program.
What are Pumps & Motors”?
Pumps and motors are at the heart of most building systems. They are so common; pumps and motors are often overlooked as a potential cause of excess costs if not operated properly. Building managers, maintenance engineers and technicians should adhere to best practices and understand the operational do’s and don’ts for employing pumps and motors properly in buildings.
- Pump Development and Application
- Basic Pump Hydraulics
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Centrifugal Pump Hydraulics
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Pump Maintenance
- Basic Key Components: Packing, Mechanical Seals, Bearings, Motors
- Motor Maintenance
- Problems of Inefficient Operation
- Performance Monitoring
- System Analysis
- Vibration Analysis
- Continuous Condition Monitoring
- Case Study