An overview of Retro-commissioning, including symptoms that indicate a retrofit is required (with real world examples) will be presented in this course.
What is Retro-commissioning?
Retro-commissioning is a process that revitalizes aging buildings to improve energy efficiency and occupant comfort. The presentation will show specific strategies that can be implemented to increase comfort and show how prominent buildings have used Retro-commissioning to reduce energy consumption by 35% and saved millions in future energy bills.
What, How & When ?
In this course, participate shall gain knowledge on determining the state of health of a facility, where cost analysis & return on investment plays a major role. The methods & timing of performing retrofit are also discussed, in order to minimize disruptions and inconveniences to the organization and public.
- Introduction: Facility Life Cycle
- Improving Energy Performance In Existing Office Buildings
- Cost & Return Analysis
- Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx)
- Standard Retrofits
- Deep Retrofits
- Measurement and Verification (M&V)
- Case Studies (Planning, Implementation & Challenges)
- Continuous Improvement Through O&M
- Summary: Review of Actual Return and Future Benchmark