This course provides an overview of Facility Management (FM). The essentials of Building Systems, Operation & Maintenance as well as Management Skills are discussed. Throughout this course, the participant shall able to gain knowledge and fundamental on what are the Scopes of FM and preserve the quality of service.
What is Facility Management (FM)?
ISO-41011:2017’s definition FM is the “organizational function which integrates people, place and process within the built environment with the purpose of improving the quality of life of people and the productivity of the core business”.
Why is FM important to an Organization?
FM is vital in order to maintain a building/property/facility operations within optimized cost and minimized disruption. The coverage of FM as follow:
- EHS: environment, health and safety
- Fire safety
- Maintenance, testing and inspections
- Janitor work
- Space allocation and changes
- Overview of Facility Management (FM)
- Facility Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
- Fundamentals of Building Systems (Part 1)
- Fundamentals of Building Systems (Part 2)
- Recent & Advanced Technology in FM
- Health and Safety Regulation & Consideration of FM
- Monitoring & Control in FM Scope
- FM Scope Categorizing & Implementation
- Management Tools & Designation Personnel of FM
- FM Outsourcing & Contracting
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Continuous Satisfaction Improvement